Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Thing 4: Flickr


Best-seller Display
Originally uploaded by luminesce3
Wow! I've known about Flickr for a long time, but never tried it out. I plan to use it for some personal photos now, but really had fun taking a few shots of our library scenery and uploading them.

This picture shows one of the most popular of the changes our library has seen since our new director joined us in September 2007--our Best Seller's Display. It's very visible when you enter the library and extremely popular. You can see we have a lot of books on there now, but the first few weeks, when we only had a few copies of a few titles, we could hardly keep anything on the shelves!

I am hoping to share the photos I've uploaded with my colleagues in our library and see if they'd like any other shots. We have more changes coming in our library in the next few months, but the down side for me is that I will probably not see any of them! I'm moving out of state at the beginning of June to be with my husband at his new job location. I'm going to miss this place, but really hope I can find a job at another library at my new locale. At the very least, I will be looking into doing some volunteer work!

No comments: